Game 8, Philidor Defense, sprcow(1410) vs. robby717(1358), Thursday 1/10/2019

I guess I was tired of people making dubious sacrifices that forced me to defend until I ran out of time or lost concentration, and so I was the one to make the dubious sacrifice today. I knew it was suspicious even when I was playing it, but I really wasn't looking forward to playing an obnoxious position where I had to spend a bunch of time trying to kick around my opponent's queenside pawn storm. I decided to just go for it and hope that I might be able to give my opponent enough opportunities to make mistakes.

All in all, it was kind of a mess. I got the highly-tactical position I expected, but then we missed a lot of tactics. Ultimately my opponent did blunder a mate-in-one but they had about a hundred ways to prevent it earlier. This wasn't really an earned victory, but it did give me the magic internet points.


Comments